2-1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon yeast
2-2 1/4 cups warm milk
3 tablespoons yogurt
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon salt
Sunflower oil for frying
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1. In a large mixing bowl add flour, yeast, salt and cornstarch. Add yeast and warm milk, mix well about 1 minute, add yogurt.
2. Mixture should be of not watery and not too thick. You will want the consistency of a pancake batter. Leave to rise in a warm place covered for 1/2 an hour.
3. Heat oil, when hot drop batter in by teaspoonfuls and cook until just golden brown. You do not want oil to hot. To make balls easily use two oiled spoons and drop into oil.
4. Place finished balls onto a paper towel to drain. Drench is sugar syrup or honey.
1. In a 2-quart saucepan mix, water and sugar together bring to a full boil then reduce heat to low. Heat without stirring (so that it will stay clear) until it reaches the point that when it cools on the spoon, it is of a thick sticky consistency.
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum