Saha wa Afia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noors Chicken Kabsa (Saudi)

Go down

Noors Chicken Kabsa (Saudi) Empty Noors Chicken Kabsa (Saudi)

Post by Guest Sun May 24, 2009 6:44 am

1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
1 cup of basmati rice, washed and rinsed
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
2 bay leaves
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, diced
6 green cardamom pods, whole
5 cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
2 black limes
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cardamom, ground
1 (15 ounce) can of tomato sauce
4 boiled eggs (optional)
Pine nuts and raisins (optional)

NOTE: place basmati rice in bowl with water over it to expand, it will not cook and will stay hard unless you do this. Leave for 15 minutes at the least

1. In an 8-quart stockpot on medium-high heat add onions, garlic and. Allow onions to turn golden. Add bay leaves, cardamom pods, cloves, cinnamon sticks, black limes, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper, ginger and ground cardamom. Blend well and allow to sauté for 30 seconds.

2. Add tomato sauce and chicken bouillon. Mix well until sauce thickens, reduce heat to low-medium. Add chicken allow to sauté for a 1 minute. Rotate chicken so that it gets all of the flavors. Add water until chicken is completely covered. Bring to a full boil then reduce to low. Cook for 35 minutes covered.

5. After the chicken has cooked reserve broth for rice. In a 2-quart saucepan, add rice and enough sauce from the chicken just so that the rice is covered. Bring to a boil then immediately turn heat to low and cook covered for eight to ten minutes. Meanwhile, why the rice is cooking turn oven on high broil. Add chicken to a roasting pan and broil for five minutes or until golden.

8. Add cooked rice to a serving platter with chicken arranged on top. Garnish plate with hard-boiled eggs, pine nuts, and raisins.

Yields: 4 servings
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Noors Chicken Kabsa (Saudi) Empty Re: Noors Chicken Kabsa (Saudi)

Post by Guest Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:32 pm

Assalamu aliakum,

Jazaaki Allah khair for this! We (Palestinians) make kabsah too: same idea as this but not exactly the same. I want to try this way sooo badly but I don't have the black limes and I don't know where I could get them from. Are they a must?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:26 am

Alaykum Salam,

You can make it just as good without the limes, they just give it a smoky flavor but I have made it without them before with perfect results.

Good luck Smile
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:02 am

Wa alay kuma salaam wa rahamatulahe wa baraktu,

Yummm I love kebsa I guess the sister is no longer on the forum to thank though.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down