250g self-raising flour
250g soft brown sugar
250g plain chocolate
400g plain or milk chocolate
284ml pot single cream
100-200g icing sugar
cocoa powder for dusting
1. Heat the oven to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3. Line a 20cm x 20cm square cake tin.
2. Mix the flour, sugar and cocoa together in a bowl. Melt the chocolate and butter together with 200ml water in a pan and then beat this along with the eggs into the dry mixture. Pour into the cake tin and bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean. It may crack a little on top but this will be covered by the icing. Let it cool
3. To make the icing, melt the chocolate with the cream and butter until smooth and then cool to a spreadable consistency, beat in enough icing sugar to make the icing opaque and stiff.
4. Slice the cake horizontally into 2 or 3 layers and spread some icing between each layer. Ice the outside of the cake in a thick even layer and smooth the icing down as much as possible, don't worry about the top too much.
5. Dust with cocoa powder just before serving.
:101: EnJoY!!!!!!!!! :101:
Sounds yummmmmmmy!I'll definitely be making this one after Ramadan.Thanks sister Nadia for a lovely post. :101:
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum