Saha wa Afia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M'Sayr - refreshing fresh 'pickle' / salad (Libyan)

2 posters

Go down

M'Sayr - refreshing fresh 'pickle' / salad (Libyan) Empty M'Sayr - refreshing fresh 'pickle' / salad (Libyan)

Post by Aisha Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:57 pm

salaam

M'Sayr - a traditional Libyan pickle/salad

M'Sayr - refreshing fresh 'pickle' / salad (Libyan) M_sayr10

Fresh hot chillies, cucumber and carrot all cut into strips or diced in a spicy fresh lemon brine with chopped garlic added - this is a very tasty and appetising 'salad' where the peppers are not eaten unless you really enjoy that.

The beauty is in the actual liquid part which you can sip in small quantities from your spoon or sprinkle over the rice and sauce.

Lemon lovers will really enjoy this.

Spices are : ground caraway, a tiny bit of ground cumin and ground red pepper. You will need to add water to cover the mix and quite a bit more and approx 1/2 teaspoon or more of salt. Add the salt little by little stirring it in a tasting it as you go. It should be quite salty but take care not to overdo it. Also some chopped Dill or Coriander leaves can be chopped and added to give more flavour.

M'Sayr - refreshing fresh 'pickle' / salad (Libyan) M_sayr11

Last edited by Aisha on Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Aisha
Aisha
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Back to top Go down

M'Sayr - refreshing fresh 'pickle' / salad (Libyan) Empty Re: M'Sayr - refreshing fresh 'pickle' / salad (Libyan)

Post by Aisha Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:19 pm

salaam

Did anyone try this yet? It is delicious! 8)
Aisha
Aisha
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Back to top Go down

M'Sayr - refreshing fresh 'pickle' / salad (Libyan) Empty Re: M'Sayr - refreshing fresh 'pickle' / salad (Libyan)

Post by Zaza Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:29 pm

salaam 

I tried this yesterday, Masha Allah it's yummy.

I did not have caraway powder or seeds and left that out.

JazakAllahu Khairan  for sharing
Zaza
Zaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisha Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:28 am

salaam 

Wa jazakiAllahu khairan. I'm glad that you liked it.I have some pics of some that I made on Friday. InshaAllah I'll post them soon.
Aisha
Aisha
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisha Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:58 am

salaam 

New pics have now been added to the recipe alhamdulilah  color-changing-flowe 
Aisha
Aisha
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down