Saha wa Afia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~*~ Libyan Recipe – ‘Galiya’ (Spicy Chopped Liver ) ~*~

3 posters

Go down

~*~ Libyan Recipe – ‘Galiya’ (Spicy Chopped Liver ) ~*~ Empty ~*~ Libyan Recipe – ‘Galiya’ (Spicy Chopped Liver ) ~*~

Post by Aisha Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:15 pm

salaam

~*~ Libyan Recipe – ‘Galiya’ (Spicy Chopped Liver ) ~*~

This is a very nutritious, tasty, easy, quick and economical dish. It can be served as the main course with rice and a salad for example or as a side dish.
What more could you wish for!

Ingredients:

½kg - 1 kg Lamb’s liver OR a mixture of liver, heart and kidneys, small pieces of lamb’s meat (chopped into small pieces – first cut into strips then slice into ‘flattened rectangles’ not chunky cubes )
1 onion
2/3 cloves garlic
1-2 tomatoes
½ tablespoon Tomato paste
Olive oil to fry (2-3 tablespoons)
Spices:
½ - 1 teaspoon Baharaat / Garam masala
½ -1 teaspoon red Chili powder or sweet paprika if you don’t want it too harr (spicy hot)
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
Little salt & ground black pepper
Pinch Cumin powder
1 fresh chili pepper (optional) if you like it very hot chop the pepper into small pieces after removing the seeds otherwise leave whole.
1/2 – 1 cup of water
Chopped fresh parsley

Preparation:
Chop the onion and Garlic and fry a little in the olive oil, then add the liver and fry until slightly browned.
Add the rest of the ingredients except the water and Parsley and continue to fry for a minute or so while stirring,
Then add the water and cover pan with a lid and cook over a low heat for 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
The Parsley can be added towards the end of cooking or sprinkled over the finished dish as a garnish.

May be eaten with bread or served with rice.

Enjoy inshaAllah!
Aisha
Aisha
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Back to top Go down

~*~ Libyan Recipe – ‘Galiya’ (Spicy Chopped Liver ) ~*~ Empty Re: ~*~ Libyan Recipe – ‘Galiya’ (Spicy Chopped Liver ) ~*~

Post by Guest Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:50 am

assalamu alaykum

very interesting recipe masha'Allah... a new idea as I never know how to cook the liver scratch
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

~*~ Libyan Recipe – ‘Galiya’ (Spicy Chopped Liver ) ~*~ Empty Re: ~*~ Libyan Recipe – ‘Galiya’ (Spicy Chopped Liver ) ~*~

Post by Khadi Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:15 pm

Assalamou aleikoum wa rahmatoullah wa barakatou

I always meant to comment on this recipe.
I have used it now for 2 or 3 years, Mashallah, since you gave it to me my dear Aisha.
I have used chicken liver, or at times just lamb liver, or a mixture of liver and chicken. At times, I have added green, red and yellow bell peppers. I have served it rice, french fries, roast potatoes, on french bread or we simply tuck in with warm pitta bread.
This recipe is just great Mashallah as it can be adapted in so many ways by adding little bits and pieces here and there if you want a ''fancier'', ''funkier'' looking liver (especially for kids) and even though my family are not that keen on liver, it has always been a hit when I have served it (even with visitors). I think the secret is in the fact that the liver is cut not in cubes but in thin strips. Believe me, that makes all the difference.

This is one recipe that I have used and re-used and that I always recommend .

barakallahu feekee for posting it..

10 out of 10 !
Khadi
Khadi
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Munaqaba08 Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:03 am

salaam

I love liver! I will be trying this soon insha'Allah. Jazakillahu kahyr dear sis Aisha

flowerbowl
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:04 am

hmmmmm..this is yummy yummy with egg and baked bread...tasted this two days ago for first time..shukran..your added spices seems scrumptious.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down