Saha wa Afia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pressure-Cooker Fried Chicken (with pics)

4 posters

Go down

Pressure-Cooker Fried Chicken (with pics) Empty Pressure-Cooker Fried Chicken (with pics)

Post by Aisha Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:56 pm

salaam

Pressure-Cooker Fried Chicken

Ingredients:

1 chicken cut into pieces (skin removed)
1/2 - 1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika/chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric - optional
1 teaspoon curry powder - optional
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cooking oil
1/4 cup diced onions
3-4 cups water

Instructions: For a 6 quart pressure cooker:
Pressure-Cooker Fried Chicken (with pics) Flourandspices
Pressure-Cooker Fried Chicken (with pics) Friedchickenprep
Mix all dry ingredients in bag, add chicken and shake.
Put oil in pressure cooker and fry chicken just like you would in a regular frying pan without the lid or rack.
In this pic i am frying the chicken in a wok:
Pressure-Cooker Fried Chicken (with pics) Fryingchicken

Once browned remove chicken . Add diced onions and water put rack in pressure cooker. Put chicken back in pressure cooker and on the rack and put on lid.
Pressure-Cooker Fried Chicken (with pics) Friedchickenincooker

When your cooker reaches pressure, lower heat to stabilize pressure and time for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes of cooking remove from heat and remove the steam carefully or run cold water over the base of the cooker for a few minutes to completely release pressure.(A friend of mine used her steamer/coucousiere at this stage and increased the time to 40 minutes or so and it came out fine).

You will find that the coating of the chicken is quite sticky at this stage - but it is finished off in the oven to regain it's crispiness.

To freeze for future use, put the cooked chicken on a tray and put it in the freezer until well frozen then put in bags to pick individual pieces as needed. When ready to eat, allow to defrost then reheat in a 400° F oven until crisp -- about 45 minutes.

Pressure-Cooker Fried Chicken (with pics) Friedchickencooked

Enjoy! Very Happy
Aisha
Aisha
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Back to top Go down

Pressure-Cooker Fried Chicken (with pics) Empty Re: Pressure-Cooker Fried Chicken (with pics)

Post by Zaza Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:00 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah Yummy, but I don't like using the pressure cooker. I'm more a slower cooker person. :hehe:

Insha Allah i'm going to try this recipe this Ramadan ignoring the pressure cooking part. :001:
Zaza
Zaza

Back to top Go down

Pressure-Cooker Fried Chicken (with pics) Empty Re: Pressure-Cooker Fried Chicken (with pics)

Post by Khadi Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:59 am

Assalamou aleikoum wa rahmatoullah wa barakatou

I have re-read this recipe and I have realised that I missed a bit and it is why my chicken was not crispy. I forgot to use the pressure cooker's basket!!! so, in fact, my chicken was just kind of boiled as it was sitting in the water and I could not see what I did wrong.
Ok, next week Inshallah I will try the recipe again, and put the chicken in the basket!!! Very Happy
I'll be back Inshallah to report.

Khadi
Khadi
Khadi
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Aisha Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:52 pm

salaam

yes the basket is needed dear khadi so that the chicken is steamed - then:
You will find that the coating of the chicken is quite sticky at this stage - but it is finished off in the oven to regain it's crispiness.
Aisha
Aisha
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Munaqaba08 Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:02 am

salaam

Sis Booklover...hehe...your post made me laugh because that really sounds like something I would do a-cooking-pot .

This looks yummy sis Aisha...jazakillahu khayr for sharing the recipe and including the great photos.
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down