Saha wa Afia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

olive oil..............(zait)

Go down

olive oil..............(zait) Empty olive oil..............(zait)

Post by Guest Tue May 19, 2009 6:11 am

salaam

this is taken from healing with the medicine of the prophet (saw)

Allah said in the Qur'an: " Lit from a blessed tree, an olive, neither of the east(i.e. neither it gets sun rays only in the morning) nor of the west (i.e. nor it gets sun rays only in the afternoon, but it is exposed to the sun all day long), whose oil would almost glow forth (of itself), though no fire touched it." (24:35)

At Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah narrated that Abu hurairah RA related from the Prophet SAW that he said:
" Eat the Zait and use it as an oitment, because it is used by a blessed tree."

Al-Bayhaqi and Ibn Majah also narrated that Abdullah ibn Umar RA said that the Messenger of Allah SAW said:
"Eat oil and use it as an ointment because it is from a blessed tree (olive tree)."

Zait is hot and wet in the first degree. Also, the quality of the oil depends on the tree that produces it. For instance, the best type of olive oil is that squeezed from ripe olives, while oil from unripe olives is cold and dry.
Red olives produce oil that is between these while black olives produce hot and wet oil.
Olive oil helps against poisons, works as a laxative and rids the body of worms.
Old olive oil leans more towards being hot and decomposing. When the oil is blended with water, it becomes less hot and milder and thus more beneficial. All kinds of olive oil soften the skin and slow the ageing process. The salty water blended with oil helps burned skin against blistering. It also strengthens the gingvia (gums) while olive leaves help against skin infections, sores, septic ulcers and urticaria (hives).

there are many other benefits for olive oil
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

olive oil..............(zait) Empty Re: olive oil..............(zait)

Post by Aisha Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:19 am

As-Salaamu alaikum

JazakiAllahu khairan for posting this dear Nadia.

We often have Olive oil with Zataaria or with Date treacle - eating it with bread.

It is great for the hair too - rub it through the hair and scalp and leave it a while before shampooing off.
Aisha
Aisha
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:55 pm

salaam sisters,

I would just like to mention that unrefined olive oil is what we should be using as it is in its natural form. The cost is higher and where I live can only be found in health food stores but the refined olive oil's we regularly purchase in grocers are more procesed than our prophet Sall-Allahu alayhi wa sallam would have spoken of. I have used refined and unrefined on my skin and the refined caused a reaction, while the unrefined one did not. The taste is finer as well, to be expected.

Ma'asalama.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down