Saha wa Afia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ground chicken kufta.

Go down

Ground chicken kufta. Empty Ground chicken kufta.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:52 am

As salaamu alay kum,

I tried this new recipe last night it turned out not to bad it tastes pretty much the same as the ground beef. I may play around more with the cooking time, when I uncover it and the temperature but it was good for the first time and it wouldn't be that much different anyways so here it is..

1/2 pound ground chicken
5 small onions
4 cloves of garlic
1 tbls of vegetable oil
3/4 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tsp dry parsley

Grind all ingredients in a food processer till very well mixed the mixture will be very wet but that's ok it will work out. Get a flat backing dish and line the bottom with onions cut into rings. Shape the kufta into long finger size pieces and place them on top of the onions. Cover with foil and place in a 375 degree oven for 1 hour. Uncover then place back in the oven for 25 minutes. The last part is were I may change it next time I think that it probably only needs to be uncover for about 10 minutes for some color because that longer its covered the more moist it stays. For ground beef kufta I put it on 350 for a certain amount of time anyways when I get it perfect Insha'Allah I will post the time and temperature I do it for but it is still nice. Oh you can also eat the onions at the bottom of the backing dish on the side.

Ground chicken kufta. Dscn0628
Ground chicken kufta. Dscn0624
Ground chicken kufta. Dscn0625
Ground chicken kufta. Dscn0626
Ground chicken kufta. Dscn0627
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Ground chicken kufta. Empty Re: Ground chicken kufta.

Post by Aisha Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:28 am

salaam 

Thank you for posting your recipe sister and for the pics mashaAllah.  mashaAnim 
It's been a very long time since I made chicken kefta - I have it wriitten down somewhere.
Aisha
Aisha
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:36 am

Your welcome sister thanks a lot......
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:40 pm

As salaamu alay kum,

So I did it again the other night this time for 1 hour and 20 minutes and uncover it for just the last 10 minutes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down