Saha wa Afia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pistachio Ice Cream

Go down

Pistachio Ice Cream Empty Pistachio Ice Cream

Post by Guest Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:43 am

salaam

Pistachio Ice Cream

Ingredients
125g/4½oz unsalted pistachio nuts, out of their shells (weight shown is without shells)
75g/3oz caster sugar
3 free-range egg yolks
500ml/17fl oz double cream

Method
1. Place half of the pistachios into a food processor with half of the sugar and blend until very fine.
2. Roughly chop the remaining pistachios with a sharp knife on a secure chopping board.
3. Whisk the egg yolks with the other half of the sugar in a large, heatproof mixing bowl, until thick and creamy.
4. Place the cream and the finely ground pistachio and sugar mixture into a heavy-based pan over a medium heat and bring to the boil. Immediately remove from the heat and pour the mixture onto the egg yolks, whisking constantly. Return the pistachio custard to the pan and stir over a low heat until the mixture thickens.
5. Remove from the heat and place into a large bowl of iced water to quickly cool, then refrigerate for at least one hour.
6. Churn the pistachio custard in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.
7. Fold in the hand-chopped pistachios and transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container with a lid. Cover and freeze until required.

Sorry no photo maybe next time i make it i will take 1 inshaAllah.

Recipe taken from:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/pistachioicecream_89105.shtml
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Pistachio Ice Cream Empty Re: Pistachio Ice Cream

Post by Zaza Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:50 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah another lovely recipe icecreamswirl

Jazaki Allahu Khairan for sharing.
Zaza
Zaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:01 am

assalamu alaykum

I'll give it a try in summer time insha'Allah! It's one of my favs floating--hearts
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down