Saha wa Afia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

talbina

2 posters

Go down

talbina Empty talbina

Post by Guest Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:13 pm

Authentic Narrations About Talbina
Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) used to recommend talbina for the sick and for the one grieving over a dead person. She (may Allah be pleased with her) used to say, "I heard the Messenger (Sallallaahu alayhi Wasallam) saying, ' The talbina gives rest to the heart of the patient and makes it active and relieves some of his sorrow and grief.' " [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree (5325)].

Aisha (may Allaah be pleased with her) said that whenever one of her relatives died, the women assembled and then dispersed (returned to their houses) except her relatives and close friends. She (may Allah be pleased with her) would order that a pot of talbina be cooked. Then Tharid (a dish prepared from meat and bread) would be prepared and the talbina would be poured over it. Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) would say (to the women),"Eat from it, for I heard the Messenger (Sallallaahu alayhi Wasallam) saying 'The talbina soothes the heart of the patient and relieves him from some of his sadness.' " [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree (5058)].

Hisham's father (may Allah be pleased with them) said, "Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) used to recommend talbina and used to say, 'It is disliked (by the patient) although it is beneficial.'" [Saheeh al-Bukhaaree (5326)].

The Messenger (Sallallaahu alayhi Wasallam) said, "I encourage you to use that which is disliked but beneficial (talbina) for by the One whose hand Muhammad's soul is in, it cleans the stomach of one of you just as dirt is cleaned from the face with water." [Mustadrak of Haakim (7455), Saheeh as Dhahabi mentioned in 'Talkhees' taken from Maktaba Shaamilah, See also Mustadrak (8245) whose chain is upon the condition of Bukhaaree as Dhahabi mentioned].

Aisha (may Allah be pleased with her) narrated, "If any of the Messenger's (Sallallaahu alayhi Wasallam) family became ill, the Messenger (Sallallaahu alayhi Wasallam) would say, 'It soothes the grieving heart and cleanses the ailing heart just as one of you cleans dirt off his face with water.' " [Saheeh Sunan Ibn Maajah (3445), hadeeth hasan].

Aishah (may Allah be pleased with her) narrated that the Messenger (Sallallaahu alayhi Wasallam) said, "You should eat the beneficial thing that is unpleasant to eat (talbina), meaning broth." If any member of the Messenger of Allaah's family was sick, the cooking pot would remain on the fire until one of two things happened, either the person recovered or died." [Saheeh Sunan Ibn Maajah (3446) hadeeth hasan].

Recipe

Talbina is made by adding 1-2 tablespoons of barley flour (must be 100% wholegrain barley flour) to one and a half cups of water. Place on low heat for 10-15 minutes (optional: add milk or yoghurt and sweeten with honey). This may also be used as a food thickener for gravy, soups, lasagnes dishes etc. Alternatively you may add 1-2 tablespoons of barley flour (must be 100% wholegrain barley flour) to one and a half cups of milk. Place on low heat for 10-15 minutes (optional: add water or yoghurt and sweeten with honey).

The consistency may be changed according to preference by increasing or decreasing the amount of flour used. More flour may be added to make a porridge like talbina. Alternatively less flour may be added to make a drink like talbina.

The talbina mixture may then be put in the blender with fresh or frozen fruits and/or ground flax seeds. etc It may be blended together to make a tasty talbina 'smoothie'.

Drink at least one cup daily.

source:healthymuslim.com
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

talbina Empty Re: talbina

Post by Zaza Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:51 am

As Salamu Alaikum

Jazaki Allahu Khairan sister for sharing this lovely recipe with Ahadith references.

I thought we could use wheat flour too. I guess not it needs to be made with barley.

:barak02:
Zaza
Zaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Khadi Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:58 am

Wa aleikoum salam

that was very well posted recipe. I have not tried it, I do not know where to get barley but maybe i will send it a sister I know, she is a good cook mashallah... Smile

hugs

Khadi
Khadi
Khadi
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:25 pm

assalamu alaikum
wa iyyaki sisters wub
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Esalamu aleikoum,

This is called rouwina here in Algeria and is most often made with milk and sweetened with date syrup.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down