Saha wa Afia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

''roti'' recipe ... can someone help me ?

2 posters

Go down

''roti'' recipe ... can someone help me ? Empty ''roti'' recipe ... can someone help me ?

Post by Khadi Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:56 am

Assalamou aleikoum wa rahmatoullah wa barakatou

I am looking for a tried and tested recipe to make roti, if I am not mistaken, it is a round pancake like soft bread that can be folded in two and used either with sauce or for sandwiches for ie: falafel, kebab etc...
I do it myself but I always find out that when I fold the bread, it cuts, it is not that soft. I cook it on a flat iron plate that goes on the stove. I do not use a pan.The problem is that I do not have any measure, I just use flour and water blindly until i am satisfied with the dough. I am not using chapati flour because it is expensive but the normal white flower and this works for a few of my friends. So, what do I do wrong?

anyone has done roti before and have an easy (it has to be easy Very Happy Very Happy ) recipe?

8) flower

jazakallah

khadija
Khadi
Khadi
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Back to top Go down

''roti'' recipe ... can someone help me ? Empty Re: ''roti'' recipe ... can someone help me ?

Post by Zaza Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:59 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Sorry I can't help, as I don't know how to make roti too.

I'll get my sister to reply to you. Insha Allah
Zaza
Zaza

Back to top Go down

''roti'' recipe ... can someone help me ? Empty Re: ''roti'' recipe ... can someone help me ?

Post by Khadi Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:02 pm

wa aleikoum salam

barakallahu feekee to get your sister for me. I just wonder if I have to use oil too...

by the way, did you ask your sis ? Very Happy

hugs to you

Khadi
Khadi
Khadi
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:33 am

Assalamualikum Sis,

Yes, you do need to used a small measure of oil when you make the dough. Once you have mixed the flour and water(reduce the water) to have a kind of stiff dough, then add oil to soften it while kneading. We also add a pinch of salt, to the dough it gives a nice taste. Let the dough stand for a few minutes and it will soften on its own.

Hope this helps.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaza Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:05 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Sorry sister Khadija, I meant to come back to you. Alhamdulillah sister Umm Kashifa answered. You need a bit of oil when making the dough and a bit before rolling it out.

Jazaki Allahu Khairan sister Umm Kashifa for your reply Very Happy
Zaza
Zaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down