Saha wa Afia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

chocolate banana bread

Go down

chocolate banana bread Empty chocolate banana bread

Post by Guest Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:07 am

salaam

i think most people like this.......

Ingredients:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened, plus more for the pan
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
2 large eggs
3 very ripe bananas

method

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan. Mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, cream the butter until lightened, then beat in the chocolate, eggs, banana. Stir in the dry ingredients just until combined; do not overbeat.

Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake until a toothpick stuck into the center of the bread comes out almost clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool for at least 15 minutes before unmolding.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

chocolate banana bread Empty Re: chocolate banana bread

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:07 am

Wa alay kuma salaam wa rahamatulahe wa baraktu,

Jazaka'Allah khair I used to love making banana bread. A friend of mine made a really nice one one time with chocholate chips and nuts it was so moist and yummy. One thing I have been wondering for a while now though is after so long certain fruits that have sugar in them start to turn to alcohol bananas I think would be one of them. I know its halal to use until it gets to that point but dose the cooking/ freezing stop that process dose anyone know? I love backing with bananas you can even use it as an egg substitute as well.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down