Saha wa Afia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The nutritional value of sprouted lentils!

Go down

The nutritional value of sprouted lentils! Empty The nutritional value of sprouted lentils!

Post by Guest Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:19 pm

As salaamu alay kum,

Sprouting seeds and beans increases their vitamin levels, according to David B. Fankhauser, Ph.D. at the University of Cleveland Claremont College. Sprouted lentil beans contain vitamins A, B, C and E, all of which are important to your overall health. Sprouting lentil seeds is not difficult to do at home, but make sure your purchase seeds meant for sprouting. Dried lentils that you find in the rice and bean aisle at the supermarket will not work. One cup of sprouted lentil seed sprouts are a healthy and tasty addition to sandwiches, soups, stews and salads.

Calories

Sprouted lentils are naturally low in calories and, as opposed to other sources of protein like meat and poultry, they have no fat, saturated or otherwise. A 1-cup serving of sprouted lentils has only 82 calories, making them a wise choice for people who are trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.

Vitamin C

The vitamin C in sprouted lentils is a powerful antioxidant, which helps combat the signs of aging and aids in the prevention certain cancers. It also helps manufacture the protein collagen, which is necessary to the production of blood vessels, cartilage, ligaments, skin and tendons as well as for the repair and maintenance of your teeth and bones. Vitamin C is also crucial to wound healing and supports your immune system. Each cup of sprouted lentils contains 14 percent of the daily value for this vitamin.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The nutritional value of sprouted lentils! Empty Re: The nutritional value of sprouted lentils!

Post by Aisha Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:22 pm

salaam 

sunshinegarden JazakAllahu Khairan 
Aisha
Aisha
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Back to top Go down

The nutritional value of sprouted lentils! Empty Re: The nutritional value of sprouted lentils!

Post by Guest Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:11 am

Wa eyake
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:29 am

Insha'Allah tomorrow night for dinner I am going to have the lentils I sprouted with some tilapia fillets. I have some pictures in Aisha's thread about how to sprout lentils. I may lay them on a plate and put some sort of dressings on it then lay the fish on it. I will take a picture tomorrow Insha'Allah and post it here..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:44 pm

The nutritional value of sprouted lentils! Dscn0521

The nutritional value of sprouted lentils! Dscn0522

The nutritional value of sprouted lentils! Dscn0523
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down