A favorite Ramadan dish.
Mince and Potato Casserole
1 tablespoon oil or ghee
1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
500g mince (chicken, mutton or beef)
2 cups chopped tomatoes
Freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon Tumeric Powder.
4 big potatoes, boiled and mashed
Freshly chopped mint.
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion.
2. Stir occasionally until it softens.
3. Add the mince to the pan and continue cooking it until the meat browns
4. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and spices.
5. Simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes
6. The texture must not be too dry or watery.
7. Add the chopped mint to the mince.
8. Alternate the mince with a layer or mashed potato, in a slightly greased casserole, start with the mince and end with the potatoes.
9. Brush the top layer of the mashed potatoes with either milk or beaten egg.
10. Bake at 200C for 20-30min.
11. Serve hot with your favorite chutney or salad
- Posts : 354
Join date : 2009-04-26
Location : Hopping between The Garden and The Book Room
This sounds good to eat even outside of Ramadan!
Jazakillaahu Khayr for sharing this recipe dear sis.
- Kitchen Staff
- Posts : 93
Join date : 2009-05-06
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum