Saha wa Afia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khadija's super speedy (and tasty) tuna sauce

2 posters

Go down

Khadija's super speedy (and tasty) tuna sauce Empty Khadija's super speedy (and tasty) tuna sauce

Post by Khadi Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:41 pm

Assalamou aleikoum wa rahmatoullah wa barakatou

the kitchen is not my favourite place, to be honest. Unless I am having a cup of coffee. But, since my idea of cooking is ....errrr....... cook and go, here is a very quick recipe of a pasta sauce I make in a hurry . It is very tasty and the bonus is that , it is done while the pasta is cooking. You can also make it with rice, or spread it on a french bread, add a bit of cheese, 1 minutes under the grill and Bob's your uncle, as they say in UK.

For 4 persons:

2 x 280gr. cans of tuna, drained (chunks, flakes, in brine or oil)
1 onion
1 clove of garlic
2 tablespoons of oil (olive or else)
a bit of parsley, a bit of coriander (cilantro for our transatlantic sisters :hehe:)
500 gr. of passata sauce or if you prefer, blend two cans of peeled tomatoes.
1 tablespoon of cumin
1 tablespoon of curry (madras or tandoori or even vindaloo - hot hot, lol - , it changes the taste according of which spice you put, but they are all good anyway, so, your choice or what you have in the cupboard)
1 tablespoon of papikra (optional)
1 pinch of sugar to take away the acidy taste from the tomotoes

method:

cut the onions & garlic small - put them in the hot oil - when tender or slightly golden, add the tuna and the paprika if you have, and all the spices that you want to put in it. Saute for about 3 minutes and add the tomato sauce and the sugar. Bring everything to the boil. Lower heat, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the coriander and the parsley cut very small. Cook for another minute.
Add some hot jamaican sauce if you want.
And voila. A perfect match for your pasta, baguette, rice, jacket/baked potato or even mashed potatoes or just spoon it with pitta bread. Yummy.

If you feel the tomato sauce is too thick, just dilute with hot water. It is so simple, so quick. I love it cheers and my family too.

Try it and enjoy!

Lots of hugs

Khadi
Khadi
Khadi
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Back to top Go down

Khadija's super speedy (and tasty) tuna sauce Empty Re: Khadija's super speedy (and tasty) tuna sauce

Post by Zaza Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:52 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

I love tuna, I must try this Insha Allah Very Happy
Zaza
Zaza

Back to top Go down

Khadija's super speedy (and tasty) tuna sauce Empty Re: Khadija's super speedy (and tasty) tuna sauce

Post by Guest Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:23 pm

salaam

jazakallahu kheir for sharing sister
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum