Saha wa Afia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cinnamon Balls

Go down

Cinnamon Balls Empty Cinnamon Balls

Post by Munaqaba08 Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:09 am

Assalamu alaikum,

I tried these today tea-n-cookies . They were good masha'Allah but I think next time I make them I will use less cinnamon than the recipe calls for insha'Allah. I think these would be great with a cup of :cookiedunk: or :blueteapot: .

Ingredients:

- oil for greasing (I used parchment paper)
- 1 1/2 cups of ground almonds
- 6 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- icing sugar to coat them

Preheat the oven to 180 c/350 f. Grease a baking sheet with oil. Mix the ground almonds, cinnamon, and caster sugar in a bowl. Whisk eggs whites until they are starting to get stiff. Add them to the almond mixture to form a somewhat firm mixture. Using wet hands (use cold water), form the dough into balls and place on the baking sheets slightly apart from one another. Bake for approximately 15 mintues but do not let them bake too long or they become hard and tough. Remove the balls from the baking sheet and let cool. When cold, roll the cinnamon balls in the icing sugar to coat insha'Allah.

You can store them in an air tight container or freeze them insha'Allah.
Munaqaba08
Munaqaba08
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

Back to top Go down

Cinnamon Balls Empty Re: Cinnamon Balls

Post by Guest Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:08 pm

I love the sound of this one...Thanks dear sister Munaqaba for sharing it with us! :barakbr01:
Anonymous

Back to top Go down