i will inshallah also be making this today!.
200g (8oz) butter
200g (8oz) caster sugar
4 medium eggs
200g (8oz) self-raising flour, sifted
453g (1lb) Cornish clotted cream
Raspberry or strawberry jam
Raspberries for decoration
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, 350ºF or gas mark 4. Brush two shallow, 18cm or 7" round sandwich tins with melted butter, or oil. Dust the tins lightly with flour and shake off the excess.
2. Beat the butter and the sugar until light and creamy.Also beat the eggs.
Gradually add to the butter mixture, putting in a tablespoon of the flour to prevent the mixture curdling.
3. Fold in the remaining flour. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared tins. Bake for 20 mins or until the sponges are lightly golden and shrink from the sides of the tines. Leave the sponges in the tin for 5 mins before transferring onto a wire rack to cool.
4. Gently spread half of the raspberry jam on top of one of the sponges and top it with Cornish clotted cream. Gently place the second sponge on top and spread with the remainder of the clotted cream.
5. Decorate the top of the cream with the raspberries and serve.
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum