Apple Pie (without a pastry crust - Alhamdulillah)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Apple Pie (without a pastry crust - Alhamdulillah)

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:06 am

Alhamdulillah I baked this yesterday as I needed to use up some apples I had bought ages ago. I'm not a pastry person - I do not enjoy rolling pastry so try to avoid it as much as possible - the following recipe is an adaptation from one I got from here http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/7878/no-pastry-apple-pie.aspx

First of all I turned on my oven (temperature 175 degrees centigrade - Gas 4). Then I peeled and cored 275 g of apples - I placed them in a food processor with 1 tsp of cinnamon powder, and 1 tablespoon of sugar, together with a handful of dried soft apricots and chopped them up for a few seconds. I placed the chopped apple mixture in my lightly greased silicone baking dish, spreading it evenly. In a mixing bowl I added 1 egg, lightly beaten together with 150g sugar, 125 g plain flour (or all purpose flour), handful of broken cashew nut pieces (I didn't have any pecan nuts) and 175g of melted butter. I mixed this all together with a wooden spoon. I then spread it evenly over the chopped apple mixture, and placed this dish in the oven for about 60 mins. Alhamdulillah this was very nice - inshaAllah probably nice with custard or ice cream. We ate it hot (well as soon as it came out of the oven it was eaten and the leftovers finished today), mashaAllah.

Back to top Go down

Re: Apple Pie (without a pastry crust - Alhamdulillah)

Post by Zaza on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:21 pm

As Salamu Alaikum

Masha Allah this seems quite easy to do. Insha Allah will try it someday.pink--flowers

Jazaki Allahu Khairan for sharing.
Zaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:42 pm

Wa Alaykumussalaam

waiyaaki!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:41 am

salaam sister,

I will try this insha Allah when I get a hold of some good apples for pie. We don't eat gluten so this is a great idea masha Allah.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum